Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Five [1.22.15]

Happy Friday!! Hope y'all have been keeping warm this week!  It's been another great week of Hubby recovering, spending some time together, and knocking out some new recipes and crafts. Now here's this week's five:

ONE
We're loving all things citrus right now....especially these chocolate blood orange slices....



....and this salad with grapefruit, blue cheese, and pomegranate.  YUM.


TWO
I've been catching up on lots of reading lately and was thoroughly fascinated with this article about Finnish Kindergartners.  It's a great approach.

THREE
This vegetable beef soup is the perfect thing to throw in the crock pot and simmer all day long.


FOUR
This weekend we'll be rooting for our favorite quarterback (especially since it's against our least favorite...).


and although I know he's been holding back on the "Omahas"....


FIVE
We feel kind of like we missed Fall this year...but are trying to make up for it with this Pumpkin Crisp.



Wishing y'all terrific weekends!! Today I'm linking up with:


Happy Friday and Go Broncos!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl you had me at chocolate dipped blood oranges! Those look amazing! Do you think they would taste okay with milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet? I have a bag that I would love to use up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think any chocolate is yummy, so I don't see why not :)!!! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. So glad you stopped by, so I Could find and follow your sweet blog! Being from Indiana we will always be Peyton Manning fans so very happy to see this! My favorite soup of all time is veggie beef, I think I might throw some the crockpot myself this weekend! I hope you have a fun and wonderful weekend full of smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even thought the Broncos beat my Steelers, I'll have to root for them this game. Can't stand the other team! lol Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the H54F Link up! There's something about the winter months that makes us want fruit, too! Maybe because it's not as easily accessible? It certainly has me ready for Spring though! Happy Friday!

    Mariah @ Faith & Fashion
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin is totally acceptable at ANY time of the year ;) All of your recipes sound so yummy. With today's snow that soup looks perfect. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have officially made me hungry haha. I'm a soup girl and that one looks delicious!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blood orange slices look divine! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...