Monday, January 18, 2016

Pumpkin Crisp

Unfortunately this post got lost in the commotion of Hubby's unexpected hospital visit, but it's just too yummy to overlook.  I'm hoping y'all will give me a pass and say that all things pumpkin are good through January...please just go with it :)!


I whipped up this easy pumpkin crisp as part of a meals on wheels for Bestie AP on the birth of her little princess (aka an excuse to get in some baby snuggles and girl time....also hence the tacky aluminum pan).  It comes together easily, is delicious, and reheats well.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to find a reason to make another batch before the season's over....or, if not technically the "season" before the end of January.

Pumpkin Crisp
Ingredients:
  • 1 large can pumpkin (the original recipe a friend gave to me calls for 15 oz. although when I made it I mistakenly purchased the bigger can...now I do it intentionally. Choose what you like!)
  • 10 oz can evaporated milk
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 T pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  •  1 cup butter (I said it was easy and yummy...not healthy), melted
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Grease 9x13 pan with butter or spray.
  • Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, and spice well and pour into prepared baking dish.
  •  Sprinkle cake mix over top of mixture.
  • Top with chopped pecans.
  • Drizzle melted butter over top of mixture.
  • Bake for 45-50 minutes. 
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...