Monday, January 25, 2016

DIY: Conversation Heart Topiaries

I'm not sure if it was Hubby's close call or that I didn't decorate at all for Christmas that has caused me to want to go all out for Valentine's Day, but I'm guessing that it's a combination of both.  I'm simply so very grateful to have him here to celebrate just how much I love him....and what better holiday to do that with than Valentine's Day??




These styrofoam cones were originally purchased at the Dollar Tree for a Christmas DIY, but obviously that didn't happen.  When I saw a big bag of conversation hearts at the grocery, I immediately threw them into the cart, knowing they would be the perfect way to modify the project.  

Supplies
  • styrofoam cone in size of choice
  • paint, if desired (I must confess I painted the cones a pale pink.  Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm wishing I had left them white.)
  • conversation hearts
  • hot glue gun
  • stand of some kind (I used an espresso cup and soy sauce bowl, both turned upside down.)
Directions
  • If painting cones, do so and allow to dry.
  • Starting at the base of the cone glue the hearts all the way around the cone, then working up towards tip.  
Tips:
  • If painting, a foam brush worked best.
  • While paint is drying, group hearts according to color.  (I know, I know, this sounds ridiculous.  Just trust me on this one....I did the first cone without grouping and it took considerably longer, believe it or not.)
  • I used a tall glass, flipped upside down, to prop the cone while working.
Happy Crafting!


Today you can find me at 
Cozy Little House
Link



1 comment:

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...