Tuesday, January 26, 2016

What's for Dinner [Honey-Soy-Glazed Salmon with Oranges and Veggies]

This dish is so simply delicious.  I love salmon and could eat it every night.  Quite honestly, Fresh Thyme had it on sale last week and I made this dish not just once, not twice, but three times.  Y.u.m!!  So good, and all in one dish, which translates to minimal clean up....my kind of recipe. (I love to cook, but detest doing dishes.)



Honey-Soy-Glazed Salmon with Oranges and Veggies
Source: Southern Living

Ingredients:
  • 4 T honey
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 T Dijon mustard (I used both regular and whole grain, the whole grain was awfully pretty)
  • 1 t. rice wine vinegar
  • 1/4 t dried crushed red pepper
  • 1 lb asparagus (I omitted quite simply because this time of year the asparagus was double the cost of the salmon.....)
  • 8 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 1 small orange, cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t. kosher salt
  • 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 (5 to 6 oz) fresh salmon fillets
  • Garnish: toasted sesame seeds (Didn't have any in the pantry)
Directions:
  • Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat.  Whisk together honey and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
  • Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.  Place asparagus, green beans, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss to coat.
  • Place salmon in center of a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined sheet pan.  Brush salmon with about 2 T honey mixture.  Spread asparagus mixture around salmon.
  • Broil 4 minutes; remove from oven, and brush salmon with about 2 T honey mixture.  Return to oven, and broil 4 minutes more.  Remove from oven, and brush salmon with remaining honey mixture.  Return to oven, and broil 2 minutes more.  Serve immediately.
My notes:
  • We prefer our beans cooked a bit more, so the second and third time I popped them under the broiler a bit before adding the salmon.  It's all a matter of preference.
  • It took the salmon slightly longer than stated cooking times.  (Maybe my broiler isn't as hot??) We did about 5, 5, and 5 minute cooking times and found it was still slightly pink in the middle.  
Happy Cooking!

Today you can find me at 

Cozy Little House
Link



4 comments:

  1. Oh my, this sounds delicious. Always love a good fish recipe that is simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I liked Salmon, it is so good for you and looks beautiful but I don't like the taste. I will pass this on to my Salmon loving BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds delicious and believe it or not I already have everything on your ingredients list! Thank you so much for sharing Melissa at SYS. Have a wonderful week!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...