Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Champagne Cork Ornaments

I'm a big believer in celebrating the little things (and big things, too!!) in life.  And I certainly love any excuse to pop a bottle of champagne.  In fact, if you peek in my fridge you're likely to find a bottle just in case, but not necessarily a gallon of milk.  (Full disclosure: if I'm being completely honest, you're likely to find a bottle of champagne and an expired gallon of milk....)

Via Pinterest


I have been saving the corks from various events and celebrations for years, not really knowing what to do with them, but also not having the heart to throw them away.  Then inspiration struck.  Little DIY champagne cork ornaments for a special kitchen Christmas tree. 



For each ornament I used a screw eye.  (Honestly, just got these out of Hubby's garage, so I have no idea what size they are - sorry!)  Screwed them in to the top of the champagne cork, tied a sweet little ribbon, et voila, c'est tout!


Update:  Something else you should know about me...I have a hard time making decisions, and many times will live with something for a bit, and decide it needs to be changed.  I've already done it with the ornaments.  They desperately needed a bow.  So I added one. 




Simple as can be, but love hanging them on the mini tree while reminiscing each accomplishment, life event, or fun little brunch with friends.  I can only imagine that as the years go by we will have to get a larger tree, but for now, it's perfect, and still have room for more. 

Merry, Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...