Sunday, December 21, 2014

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies [Sort of....]

We had our annual Holiday Cookie Exchange at school.  I typically host the event, but was unable to this year.  I did help Bestie KP and whipped up an invitation on Picmonkey.  (I know you're surprised....ha, ha!)


I also typically spend time selecting the perfect cookie and make everything from scratch.  Sadly, this was not the case this year, but I did come up with a pretty yummy alternative.  The original plan was Red Velvet Whoopie Pies.  However, the recipe only made half the needed number of cookies, so they ended up being Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing.  No one was the wiser, and they were still super yummy and extremely easy.



Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (or cookies with Cream Cheese Icing)
Ingredients:
  • 1 box red velvet cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • cream cheese icing (either homemade or canned)
Directions:
  • In large mixing bowl, add cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.  Beat until combined well. 
  • Roll into 1 inch balls.  Place on cookie sheet and press down slightly to flatten bottom of cookies. 
  • Bake 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven.  (I lined cookie sheets with parchment paper.)
  • Remove to wire rack to cool.
  • Frost backside of cookie and attach a second cookie to make the Whoopie Pies.  OR do as I did: frost and add red sprinkles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...