Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Ornament Wedding Shower

When Hubby and I married the tennis program hosted a beautiful ornament shower in our honor.  It was one of my very favorite celebrations and each year as we decorate the tree I am reminded of the special people who make up my tennis family. 

It is the perfect type of celebration for a group wanting to celebrate the happy couple, but at the same time not expecting the guests to purchase large gifts.  Each guest simply brings an ornament of their choosing.  (And I can only imagine how bare the house would have felt our first Christmas without these special decorations!!)



I take special care to package the ornaments away safely each year, and have even included the gift tags just in case I need a little reminder, although I find I instantly remember the giver of each.  Here are a few of our very favorites:

Blue and White Hearts from Vietnam




Needlework Egg from Salzburg



Although this ornament is not from the shower, I love it!  This was from my grandparents collection from the first year they were married. 


I love the fact that our tree is not only a symbol of the love between Hubby and me, but also my tennis family and me.  I find myself thinking of those special people not just as we decorate, but throughout the entire season, each time I gaze at the tree.

Merry, Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...