Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Happy Hour [Honeycrisp Sangria]

Last year Bestie KB and I tried out a Honeycrisp Sangria recipe from Pinterest...and it. was. awful.  It sounded terrific, cinnamon and spices, apples, wine.  It truly sounded like a grown-up fall in a cup.  The only problem was all the spices settled in the bottom of the glass.  It was just kind of funky.  BUT, I did use it as inspiration while throwing this together.  And this version is pretty darn yummy, if I do say so myself.


























Honeycrisp Sangria
Ingredients:
  • 1 honeycrisp apple
  • 1 orange
  • 1 lime
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 bottle white wine
  • 1/2 cup peach schnapps
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 2-3 cloves
  • club soda
Directions:
  • Dice apple, quarter or slice citrus.  In a pitcher combine all ingredients except club soda. 
  • Allow to sit for several hours or overnight.
  • Serve with a splash of club soda.

Happy Fall Happy Hour!

Today you can find me at 

Cozy Little House 

3 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    What a great grown-up drink for Fall! Thanks for sharing it on Monday Social.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I will be giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy Fall drink! I want to try! I'd love you to come over and link at The Fabulous Fall Party! The party is all about Fall. Link any post new or old.
    The party goes all the way til Oct. 30. You can link any day. (the link changes every Wed. night) Come over and party over here:
    http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fabulous-fall-party-2.html
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...