Thursday, October 1, 2015

DIY Sharpie Coffee Mugs

Earlier this week I shared a few of my favorite coffee recipes in honor of National Coffee Day.  (BTW, have you tried the chocolate cake recipe yet??  I'm serious when I say you won't regret it...and I don't even like chocolate cake.)  Today I'm back with a quick little DIY coffee mug.  I love making these.  The sky is the limit with how they can be decorated; just leave it up to your imagination. 


This particular mug was made for school.  That way when I inevitably leave it some place random I won't be heartbroken, but it's still cute!!  I made a pattern of circle dots and a little reminder to make it a 'happy day'. 

Sharpie Mug Directions
  • Using Oil Based Sharpie Markers (the regular permanent ones will not, in fact, be permanent) decorate the mug with the design of your choice.
  • Allow mug to cure over night.
  • Place mug in a cold oven and heat to 350 degrees.
  • Bake mug for 20 minutes.
  • Turn off heat, but leave mug in oven until cooled.
  • Tip: If you mess up don't worry!!  The design can be removed with a swipe of alcohol before it is baked.  Easy peasy.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...