Monday, January 11, 2016

Pan-Fried Kale

This hardly qualifies as a recipe, but I can assure you that it has become an all out obsession in our little hive.  I started making this last year with kale from our local farmers' market and loved it so much that I decided our garden needed tons some this year.  We've been so lucky with warm weather that thus far that it's still going strong....as is the obsession.


Growing up we ate a lot of greens and kale, but usually steamed, which is probably my least favorite way to serve it.  I like it raw or crispy and this certainly fits the bill.

Pan Fried Kale
Ingredients:

  • kale, torn into pieces
  • garlic, minced
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Heat a dab of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  • Add garlic and heat until fragrant.
  • Add kale, tossing in oil and garlic.
  • Cook until desired crispiness (sometimes I like it "rawer" than others).
Happy Cooking!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...