Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What's for Dinner [Kale Caesar Salad]

I'm sorry that I'm back with another kale recipe, but I'm telling y'all....I'm. obsessed.  And I had to pick all of our kale before the snow we got overnight, but I'm not complaining.  At least this one is different than yesterday's though.  Have you tried the kale Caesar salad from Panera?  Delicious...and the inspiration for this meal.  The Parmesan crisps add a little different twist and are so much yummier than the standard croutons.  I used my Silpat liners and they couldn't have been easier.



Kale Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crisps
Ingredients:
  • Kale, torn or cut into bite size pieces
  • mixed greens, added to kale, if desired
  • Parmesan crisps
  • 'lightened' creamy Caesar dressing
  • grilled chicken (I used left overs from our Sticky Chicken)
Directions:
  • Well, mix all to combine to taste =)
For the Parmesan Crisps:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Line baking sheet with Silpat liners or parchment paper
  • Make little mounds of Parmesan cheese about an inch apart. (I only had grated Parmesan, shredded works best!!)
  • Bake for 5-10 minutes until edges are crisp.
For the Caesar Dressing:
  • 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 2 t red wine vinegar
  • 2 T Worcestershire
  • 1 t Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 t pepper
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 t anchovy paste (optional, although I promise you can't taste them)
Add all to a mason jar and shake well. 

Happy Cooking!

Today you can find me at 

Cozy Little House 

and 
 
Uptown Acorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...