Tuesday, January 5, 2016

On My Bookshelf: The Last Anniversary

I'm back again with yet another Liane Moriarty book.  Although this isn't my favorite of her books, I always enjoy them.  (See other books herehere, and here....told ya I like her!)  Just like her other works, The Last Anniversary has it's own little twist.

The Last Anniversary

Amazon says:
Sophie Honeywell always wondered if Thomas Gordon was the one who got away.  He was the perfect boyfriend, but on the day he was going to propose, she broke his heart.  A year later he married his travel agent, while Sophie has been mortifyingly single ever since.  Now Thomas is back in her life because Sophie has unexpectedly inherited his aunt Connie's house on Scribbly Gum Island - home of the famously unsolved Munro Baby mystery.

Sophie moves onto the island and begins a new life as part of an unconventional family, where it seems everyone has a secret.  Grace, a beautiful young mother, is feverishly planning a shocking escape from her perfect life.  Margie, a frumpy housewife, has made a pact with a stranger, while dreamy Aunt Rose wonders if maybe it's about time she started making her own decisions.

As Sophie's life becomes increasingly complicated, she discovers that sometimes you have to stop waiting around - and come up with your own fairy-tale ending.

Overall, I'd recommend this as a quick, little read.  Although, if you haven't read her novels before I'd start with The Husband's Secret or Big Little Lies .  I'm always looking for a good book suggestion...what's on your bookshelf??

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...