Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ramblings

Summer is quickly coming to a close.....as in I go back to school today and the kiddos come Monday.  I'm trying to beat the back to school blues, while still trying to figure out where summer went exactly.  I've decided to extend my Summer Bucket List deadline until September.  First of all, August is still summer even though school has started, right???  Secondly, I'm hoping this helps to ease those said blues.  Until the next bucket list item, I thought I'd focus on some summer time fun we've had so far.....

We have 5 or 6 different hummingbirds that are regulars at our feeder.  I LOVE seeing them, and have been trying to capture an image all summer long.  I've failed so far.  I promise there's one in this picture.




We've been enjoying lots of garden yummies this summer, like this Horiatiki (Greek salad).  Divine, if I do say so myself.



I was so excited to open the mailbox and find this note from my Sweet Little E.  She's moving onto middle school this year, but I'm hoping she'll still want to be my pen pal and won't get too cool for me.



I've been trying to perfect my peppermint mocha.  Still haven't hit upon the perfect concoction, but hopefully soon!  (And I love that I can support our Pacers while enjoying it, too!)




My sweet friend Mrs. L gave me this gorgeous orchid as a little thank you.  I swapped out the pot for this lovely bowl my brother gifted me.  It makes me smile each time I walk by.



And finally, our zinnias are blooming like crazy.  They are my favorite, as they remind me of Hubby's proposal and our wedding.  I pick tons and have little arrangements all over the house.



Happy Summertime Fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...