Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays!  I am so proud and grateful to be an American.  Last night Hubby and I kicked off the holiday weekend watching the firework show on the river. When I was little we used to watch these same fireworks from our front yard.  We were never exactly sure where the show was, but loved them.  Fast forward many years to when I met Hubby....turns out he's been watching them for many years, too, at a friend's house directly across from where they shoot off the fireworks.  Now every July 3rd we head to the river, sit on the boat, and enjoy a front seat show. 



I apologize for the picture quality, but you get the idea.  We're literally right across from the production.  It is fascinating to watch them both prepare and during the show. 



A neighborhood gentleman began this particular show over forty years ago, using donations.  He passed away a few years ago, and every year since a fireworks cross is lit in memory of him.


The show is spectacular and lasts over an hour.  There are usually a couple times in which one might think it was the grand finale, but they send up another, and the show continues.  (If only my photography captured the real beauty of the show -- just not that talented with a camera.)


Today we're off to the lake to celebrate with Hubby's parents. I just might even make my patriotic cheesecake strawberries. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Independence Day! 
Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...