Saturday, July 5, 2014

On My Bookshelf [The Fault in Our Stars]


The Fault in Our Stars has been on my list for a while now, although I'm a little late to the party and really, really late to the party for an Indianapolis native.  John Green, the author, lives nearby and the story takes place close to not only where I grew up, but currently live. It certainly was fun to read about some of our city's landmarks and the settings formed a clear, vivid picture in my mind as I read.  Hoosier pride aside though, it was a completely enchanting story.  Soulful was a word a friend used to describe it, and I have to agree. 

Amazon describes it:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.  Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

I have yet to see the movie.  Sadly, it was not actually filmed in Indianapolis.  And let's just face it, aside from Gone with the Wind, the book is always better than the movie.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...