Friday, October 31, 2014

Five on Friday II

Yippee!!  It's Friday!  Wishing y'all a Happy Halloween and a wonderful start to the weekend!  We'll pass out candy this evening and then head to our neighborhood bonfire.  Other than that I am looking forward to some quiet down time laying low.  But first, here's my Five on Friday:

ONE

I came back to school on Monday after being out sick to this sweet little note on my desk.  I'm a sucker for when the kiddos draw my curly hair.  There was also a darling little story about a lollipop named Melissa who loves to dance (they know me well....) but it made her sweat, which is not good for lollipops, so she had to quit dancing and took up yoga instead.  They never cease to amaze me with their creativity and it certainly was a great way to start the week.


Melissa the curly headed, yoga performing lollipop!

TWO
I made a quick trip downtown this week to sneak a peek at China's Terra Cotta Warriors.  They are stunning, truly spectacular.  I'm so happy I was able to see them before the exhibit closes. 



THREE

We took our official State Championship picture this week.  Y'all know how I love my boys.  Looking forward to our end of the year banquet this weekend, made even more special with 17 graduating Seniors.  Each will give a little speech.....can't wait to hear what they say.


FOUR
Last weekend Hubby and I took out most of the garden.  The beans and peppers were still going strong so we left those in, the tomatoes not so much so they got the boot.  Not before we picked all the green tomatoes to make Chow-Chow and pickled green tomatoes.  Will definitely be pulling these out for the holiday as they make great appetizers.

FIVE
I enjoyed what will likely be one last warm back porch sitting, sipping, and reading.  I'm about half way through Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain and am loving it.  Hopefully will be able to sneak some time this weekend to finish it. 


 Now hop on over to the party, join Darci, Christina, Natasha, and April and check out the other Five on Friday posts. 




 Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! As a lover of bees and honey your blog title caught my eye and I am glad it did! I loved this post, sweet little notes are always my favorite and I have Necessary Lies on my reading list so I am glad it has a good recommendation. I cant wait to explore more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...