Friday, October 10, 2014

Boo! ~Spooky Bat Cave~

I've never really been a big fan of Halloween.  Every year my Brownie troop went to the Children's Museum Haunted House, and every year my mama would ask if I was sure I wanted to go....because every year I would chicken out, stand outside, and not go in.  (Side note: Brownies didn't last too long, as all we ever really did was sell cookies and go to the darned haunted house...I mean my brothers' Boy Scouts troop did things like sailing in Key West, canoeing in Maine, and hiking in New Mexico....but, I digress....)

I still don't like scary movies or things that are too gory.  But after seeing Dixie Delights amazingly spooktacular Halloween décor I decided that some things are just too cute to not add a few festive touches to our hive.

I started by turning in our front porch into a little bat cave.  Hubby and I actually spend some evenings bat watching on our back porch. 


The bats swooping in from above are from the dollar tree.  The others are actually a random find at Goodwill while searching for something else entirely. 



I painted the Hobby Lobby chipboard letters with the same pumpkin paint as the monogrammed and chalkboard pumpkins.  They are tied simply with black ribbon. 


Finally, I shamelessly stole the ghost idea from the talented Southern Lady at Dixie Delights.  I knew when I saw them on her blog I wouldn't be able to resist and quickly headed to my local Michael's to pick some up.  I. love. them.


I'm still trying to decide if I want to do anything inside, or keep it strictly fall, but for now, this little bat cave makes me smile. 

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...