Monday, November 24, 2014

Christmas Binder

There have been some moments of slight panic around these parts this week.  Y'all, I have lost my Christmas binder.  I have torn the house apart, searched high and low, and it is just no where to be found.  I can't even think of any more places to look.  So, if your card arrives in the mail and it looks just like last year, just pretend it doesn't.  (No kiddos, so no photo cards here....I mean who wants to see a picture of just Hubby and me?? Ha.)  Or even worse, if you receive the same gift as last year (because clearly it was a brilliant idea if I gifted it the first time) just smile and please forgive me.


Anyhoo, clearly I'm now in need of a new Christmas binder.  (I know, I know, I could enter the technological age and do things electronically, but that's just not how I roll.....)  I searched Pinterest and chose some of the printables I thought would work best for me and my "system" or lack thereof.

Here Comes the Sun has my favorite set to help organize all my crazy thoughts this time of year.  They are both adorable and efficient.  I've printed the address list, gift ideas, Christmas menu planner, which I'm not only using for Christmas dinner, but the other Christmas events I host as well, and the Christmas traditions pages.  Each has their own section in the binder, along with a section for Christmas Eve and one labeled cookie exchange (I think the titles are pretty self evident ;)!).


We always include Holiday Mail for Heroes on our card list, which is delivered to our military heroes who are keeping us safe (Holiday Mail For Heroes, P.O. Box 5456, Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456).

It came with a darling matching cover, but I wanted something to remind me to not get all worried about making everything perfect, and keeping things in perspective, so I created a simple cover for my own binder.....


....and another little funny one for the inside.  (Feel free to print either for yourself!)



So here's hoping that a an ounce of preparation is worth a pound of cure and that these early steps will help ensure that we are able to fully enjoy the merriment of the season.

Merry, Merry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...