Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Judge

Unfortunately, Hubby and I spent the weekend down and out with a stomach bug.  Not fun.  But I figured it was only a matter of time as it is rampantly going around school.  We didn't do much other than sleep and watch a few movies, The Judge being one of them.  When I mentioned how much I loved it to a sweet friend, she thought I was crazy.  I was shocked to find out she (and I've come to find out many, many others) don't agree with me.  So, I thought I'd write a quick little post in it's defense.

 IMDb says:
Big city lawyer Hank Palmer returns to his childhood home where his father, the town's judge, is suspected of murder. Hank sets out to discover the truth and, along the way, reconnects with his estranged family.

Now, I have to say I knew I would eventually see it simply because it stars Robert Duvall (an all time favorite) and Robert Downey, Jr.  But with that said, the rest of the cast is fantastic, the scenery lovely, and the story terrific.  I agree with other reviewers that this movie is all about the journey, (with one minor side story about a maybe daughter that I could have done without....)  and maybe there's not some awaited twist that seems to never happen, but I happen to think that's what makes it so fantastic.  It's a genuine story.  Just sit back and enjoy the movie for what it's worth.

I'm curious, have you seen it?  What were your thoughts?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...