Friday, March 13, 2015

Five on Friday

WOOHOOOOOO!  It's Friday!  This week was R.O.U.G.H!  Am I the only one that completely struggled with Daylight Savings??  I just wish Indiana would go back to not changing time again....but I digress.  Here's my Five on Friday for this week:

ONE
We've started a new little thing at our happy little hive....Motivational Monday.  It was a nice little reminder this week.  I'm anxious to include different timely quotes as the weeks go by.



TWO
Several years ago that coffee place with the green and white cups came out with a honey latte.  It was divine.  Only it was a seasonal drink and I have yet to see it since.  I'm not sure what took me so long to decide to make one at home, but I finally did.  It was the yummiest war against Daylight Savings there ever was.  I make it with my stove top espresso maker, just like the vanilla latte, only instead of sugar and vanilla I added a Tablespoon of our own honey in the bottom of the mug.  Heaven.


THREE
I've fallen in love with the Emperor's Garden pattern. 

Braemore Emperor's Garden Blossom Fabric

While I relish swooning over it and try to decide exactly how I'd like to use it in our little hive, I used it as inspiration for some little needlepoint pagoda coasters.  Now the wheels are spinning with all kinds of pagoda needlepoint DIYs.

 

FOUR
Hubby and I love the different pastas from Costco.  It's so easy to just keep some in the fridge and whip them up on a night that cooking is the last thing we want to do.  This week I mixed up a Parmesan Herb Topping to sprinkle on the top.  The possibilities are endless though....you could use it on all kinds of pastas, garlic bread, popcorn, veggies, or even as a topping for chicken. 


FIVE
A sweet friend at Greek dancing gifted me with a Martenitsa.  It is an ancient Bulgarian custom to wish great health, good luck, and happiness to family and friends. I have been wearing mine on my purse until I see a stork or a blossoming fruit tree.  I love old traditions, learning about other cultures, and Spring, so this is pretty special.  I'm touched she remembered me and so appreciate her thoughtfulness!


As usual, today I'm linking up with the fabulous Friday ladies!  Be sure to check out all the other Five on Friday goodness, too!


Darci, Christina, Natasha, and April 
Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...