Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Chinoiserie Inspired Needlepoint

Are y'all familiar with the Emperor's Garden pattern?  I'm in love with it. Truly swooning over it.  I just can't decide exactly how I'd like to use it in our little hive....Drapes?  Pillows?  Headboard?  Too many fabulous possibilities. 

Braemore Emperor's Garden Blossom Fabric

While I'm dragging my feet deciding on exactly how I'd like to incorporate it, I did use it as a little needlepoint inspiration.  Using the green (although I admit the green I used could have been a little more chartreuse), pink, and turquoise from the pattern I stitched up little pagoda coasters. 

 I'm thinking next I just might have to stitch up a little pillow.  I first did a trial run with just pink and green from my stash.  I'm happy I decided to emphasize the curve of the ends more.
I also stitched a little blue version for my mother in law who has the most fabulous collection of blue and white pottery.  Seriously, it's swoon worthy. 
I typically do patterns on graph paper with colored pencils or markers, but wanted to include a pattern of sorts for y'all, too.  So bear with me, here it is:
TT
GG
GG
GGGG
GGGGGG
   GWWWWGGGGGGGGWWWWG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGG
WWTWWTWWTWWT
WWTWWTWWTWWT
WWTWWTWWTWWT
WWTWWTWWTWWT
WWTWWTWWTWWT
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWG
GWTTWTTTWTTTWTTTG
GWTTWTTTWTTTWTTTG
GWTWTWTWTWTWTWTWG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
(I promise the bottom half is all the same size, the W just take up more space that G and T :)!)
I'm pretty tickled with the way the final three colored version turned out.  I'm excited to complete the set and some more to give as gifts as well.
I'm thrilled to be linking up with Share Your Style again this week.  I have so enjoyed reading through all the fabulous posts.  LOTS of inspiration!


No Minimalist Here

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...