Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring has Sprung

This weekend I spent a little time setting out some sweet little Easter decorations.  Spring is my favorite season, just as Easter is my favorite holiday.  I will include more of my family's and religion's traditions over the next few weeks, but for now, will share the newest...a little decorating.



Dear friend Mrs. B gifted me with these sweet little wooden eggs.  She is so thoughtful and knowing my love of honeybees, finds the cutest little honey themed gifts.  These were a little reminder that we need to start looking for new bees to replace the hives we lost in the fall.  Now is the time to get the new hives established.  But, I digress....I stuck the faux branches in a foam oasis cut to fit the little, white bucket and then topped with green Spanish moss for the grass effect.  Tie a bow around it and voila!  (And even better...all items were from my stash!) 


I hung a robin's egg wreath in the dining nook to complement the Blue Willow.  They are paired simply, with pastel eggs in a bowl, two carved wooden eggs, and little pale pink bows on the candlesticks.



The living room gained a couple "nests" of Spanish moss and pastel eggs atop crystal pedestal dishes.  (I'd like to add a runner to this table, but can't seem to find one that I love just yet.)



And a cute little white bunny with a burlap bow found (of all places) in the dollar bin at Tar-jay.  I again incorporated the pastel flame-stitch placemats from my grandma.  I thought they brought a fresh, spring feel.

Finally, in the kitchen, I moved the Portmeirion clock down to the counter, along with a little spring motto canvas.

It's just a few little touches, but they make me smile as I know my favorite holiday, and the lovelies of Spring are just around the corner!

I'm anxious to see the other spring inspired posts on Share Your Style!  Hop on over and check them out yourselves!
Uptown Acorn

On a completely different side note, I would be remiss if I didn't mention today is Greek Independence Day!  Ζήτω η Ελλάδα!!



Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...