Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What's Always in Our Kitchen

Last week Miss Dixie shared her favorite items that she always has her kitchen.  I love talking food, and am a firm believer that one can always learn from others, so was delighted to see her thoughts.

I can still picture Hubby standing at the fridge peering in after we first got married commenting on the fact that we didn't have any milk.  Or bread.  Let's just say he was annoyed perplexed.  In fact, he may or may not have even muttered something about them being staples.  To me, they weren't really because they weren't something I always reached for, which is how I define a staple.

In our kitchen you can always find:

Feta, Greek Yogurt, Olive Oil
This was literally all this Greek girl purchased at Costco the other day.


Fresh Fruits and Veggies

Source - because I just can't post a pic of the inside of my fridge, this is much prettier!

Fresh Oregano
We grow it in our herb garden.  We use it fresh throughout the season and then dry it for winter.  The joke is ask a Greek how to cook something, anything, and they will tell you salt, pepper, oregano, and lemon juice, which brings us to....

Lemons
I squeeze one into a glass of water first thing every morning.  Love starting my day that way!

A bowl of lemons.

Nuts



What are your staples?  What can we always find in your kitchen??  I'd love to hear your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...