Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Cranberry-Apple Quinoa Salad

Yesterday I shared my weekly meal prep,...which worked last night so fingers crossed that I can keep it up,...but neglected to share the recipe for the quinoa.  A sweet friend shared the weight watchers recipe several years ago when I was a little unsure of the whole quinoa revolution.  I enjoy the salad cold, and it only gets better after the first day, which makes it the perfect addition to lunches packed in advance.



Cranberry-Apple Quinoa Salad
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 3 T citrus vinaigrette dressing
  • 2 T toasted walnuts, chopped
Directions:
  • Combine quinoa and broth in saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender.  About 10 minutes.  Drain if needed.
  • After allowing quinoa to cool slightly add remaining ingredients, tossing well to coat.  
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...