The peaches at the store looked fabulous, and we already had Metaxa and cherries on hand, so things came together easily....and deliciously, too!! This always makes me think of my grandfather, who loved to make this! His was the very best!
Peach and Cherry Flambe
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- handful of cherries, pitted, halved
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- shot of Metaxa (any brandy will work, this is just what we had on hand)
- Melt butter and brown sugar in sauce pan (don't use non-stick!!)
- Add fruit and cook a few minutes.
- Add Metaxa and ignite.
You can find me at Cozy Little House and Share Your Style!