Thursday, July 2, 2015

What's for Dinner [Greek Style Grilled Lamb Chops]

Daddy called the other day and said Fresh Thyme (my new favorite store) had lamb shoulder chops on sale so I quickly headed over and threw a few in the cart.  I have to say that I'm going back tonight to pick up some more.  They were delish!  To make things even better Daddy and one of my three favorite brothers were there to enjoy them with us (and if I'm being completely honest, stepped in to cook them on the grill while I attended to things in the kitchen).  These will likely become a new staple at our happy little hive.





Greek Style Grilled Lamb Chops:
Ingredients:
  • 4-6 lamb shoulder chops
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
  • dried oregano
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 T roughly chopped fresh oregano
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (optional - we did not use this time)
  • juice of one lemon
Directions:
  • Bring chops to room temperature and season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
  • Prepare grill.  (We cooked over direct heat about 5 min a side, use your discretion to cook to your desired doneness.) 
  • Mix oil, fresh oregano, lemon, and garlic well.
  • Cook chops and top with oil mixture if desired.
We served with spanakorizo (spinach and rice), homegrown salad, and corn on the cob.  YUM!

Happy Cooking!

Today you can find me visiting Cozy Little House and Recipes for Summer Entertaining.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, never been a huge fan of lamb (probably because the few times I have had it, it was cooked poorly). They look delicious however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE lamb, but Hubby didn't use to be a huge fan either. We have discovered that he really likes American lamb, as opposed to New Zealand or Australian :).

      Delete
  2. I love lamb, and love lamb shoulder chops too! When I was growing up my best friend's family were Greek and owned a restaurant, I spent so much time there and fell in love with Greek Food. Thanks for sharing, stopping by from Brenda's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! We love lamb and we love Fresh Thyme! There is one less than three miles from our home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...