The chicken simmers in a BBQ mix all day in the crock pot and is then shredded. We ate it as sliders the first go around and on BBQ chicken pizza the next and BBQ chicken chopped salad for lunches! Pretty perfect, if I do say so myself, even if all I did was dump a little of this and a little of that as an experiment.
Shredded BBQ Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless chicken (I used breasts, but next time would mix in some thighs)
- 1 1/2 c BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is a favorite!)
- 2 T Worcestershire
- 1 T Hickory liquid smoke
- 1/4 c plus a few T brown sugar
- 1/4 c plus a few T Zesty Italian salad dressing (long story as to why this was in the pantry)
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in crock pot. Combine well.
- Add chicken, making sure to coat all sides with sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Serve on slider buns.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Left over shredded BBQ chicken
- Trader Joe's pizza crust (or homemade!)
- Red onions, sliced and slightly browned in butter
- Cheddar cheese (either straight or mixed with cheeses of choice)
Roll out dough and top with toppings :)!