The weather was lovely (finally no rain!!)...
the fish were biting....
....and the food yummy.
I went with my go-to picnic on the boat menu and made Martha Stewart's Brick Pressed Sandwich. It has all my favorite things on one sandwich and is delish as can be. Sweet Bestie KB made cucumber salad, which complimented the sandwich perfectly.
Brick Pressed Sandwich
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- loaf ciabatta bread, halved down middle horizontally, crumb removed
- olive tapenade
- roasted red peppers
- goat cheese, crumbled
- marinated artichoke hearts
- fresh basil
- 1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (Or to taste - I typically use a little less)
- Slice bread loaf horizontally and remove crumb from insides.
- Spread olive tapenade over loaf.
- Add roasted red peppers on top of olive spread.
- Add crumbled goat cheese.
- Top goat cheese with artichoke hearts.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over top of artichoke hearts.
- Layer prosciutto on sandwich.
- Next, layer salami.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and again drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Wrap tightly with wax paper and refrigerate with cast iron skillet (or something else that's heavy) until ready to serve.
Joining up with Recipes for Summer Entertaining