Monday, August 7, 2017

Garden Beet Juice

During a recent lunch Aunt MRM and I enjoyed a juice sampler.  I fell in love with the beet ginger juice.  It was absolutely delicious and I knew immediately I would be trying to replicate it at home.  While it takes a lot of veggies for a bit of juice, it's so yummy it's worth it.



Garden Beet Juice

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 beets (Fresh Thyme has cooked beets in the refrigerated section, so easy!!)
  • 1 carrot, peeled
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 3-4 leaves kale
  • 1 apple, cored
  • 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • water as needed
Directions:
  • Put all ingredients in blender, with kale on the top. 
  • Blend until all ingredients are well combined and "juiced".  Be sure to add a little water as needed to keep things "moving".  We use the liquify setting.
  • Strain using a fine mesh strainer.  
  • Serve cold.  (I even like over ice.)
Notes:
  • While it might look like a smoothie fresh from the blender, don't make the same mistake I did and take a sip.  Be sure not to skip the straining step!
  • Be careful with the beet, they have the ability to stain!  I use parchment paper to cover cutting boards, etc.
Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...