Friday, August 4, 2017

Five on Friday [8.4.17]

Happy Friday!  We like to celebrate the little things around this hive, but, to be completely honest, this week we're celebrating that we made it through the first week of school!  Now, without further ado, here's this week's five:

ONE
I was so very happy to see my kiddos this week!  While I enjoy not having school, I sure do miss them.  However, it's crazy how exhausting the first few days are.  How do I forget this from year to year??  Hubby surprised me with a little trip for ice cream after school as a sweet surprise.



TWO
I ordered this cardigan from Nordstrom Rack (at nearly $60 off!!!) and I can almost hardly wait for the cooler temperatures.  (Almost....for now I'm still enjoying every minute at the pool....)


THREE
We tried zoodles for the first time last night.  While the verdict is still out, and we're still perfecting them before sharing a recipe, we certainly see potential.  Hubby loved them and it might be kind of nice to sneak in some extra veggies.  Anyone have a go-to recipe they use?

FOUR
Aunt MRM and I visited The Garden Table recently featuring delicious local food, yummy juices, and a darling atmosphere.  The visit even inspired our own juicing affair with great success.  Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.



FIVE
This is completely random, but we've tried absolutely everything to clean the grout in our kitchen, to no avail.  But last weekend we finally discovered something that worked!!  While it was slightly time consuming, it was easy and yielded great results.  Working in sections, spread Clorox Clinging Bleach Gel over grout and let it sit for 10 minutes.  Scrub with a toothbrush.  Let sit for five more minutes.  Wipe clean with a damp cloth or papertowel.  Mop floor when finished.  I did try a litle inconspicuous section in the mudroom before tackling the whole kitchen to confirm no damage to the tile itself.  We didn't have any problem.  I'd post a before and after picture, but I'm too embarrased to share.....just trust me, it really did work!


Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Katie                                              April


1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting to see when kids go back to school in different areas. We never went back before Labor Day! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...