Monday, February 29, 2016

Preparing for the Week

The new year (I know, I know, it's not all that "new" any more) kind of snuck up on me with all that was going on with Hubby.  We're still getting settled and back into the swing of things.  With all the new beginnings, I figured it was the perfect time to put a new planning system in place.  It's been working like a charm, too!

I picked up a simple sugar paper planner at Target.  (You're in luck...they're on sale now!!  Find them here.)  It's a slight departure from what I usually choose.  Each month has it's own section with both monthly and weekly sheets.  What drew me to this particular calendar is that the entire week is on one sheet, with a facing sheet for notes.  Until now I was forever scribbling little reminders in the margins, along the side, etc., etc.  No rhyme or reason to anything, whatever popped into my head went wherever there may be space...Enter my new system....



I've mentioned before I'm making some new health goals.  Those are listed at the very top of the list.  Quite simply I keep a countdown of how many days left until I've reached my goal for the month.  It's a very tangible and visible way to keep me on track, and most importantly, it's working.

Next I've listed the MUST DOs for the week.  Things that absolutely must be accomplished.  After that are my weekly goals.  These are things I'd like to accomplish this week, but aren't entirely on a deadline.  The remaining space is left over for whatever is needed.  (Read: all those random thoughts that were previously scribbled everywhere.)  The system is working beautifully.  On the weekly side, I use washi tape to color code everything.  Extremely visual and gives me lots of info at a quick glance.

My daily to to lists have been revamped, too.  I use a plain ole spiral bound notebook and go to town.  No more searching for the lost misplaced list and I'm able to refer to previous lists easily.  Each page is divided into thirds (or fourths, depending on the time of year) for a household, tennis, school, and blog list, respectively.  From there I highlight 3-4 items that are most important.  Once those are completed, I highlight the next most important items, and I continue the pattern until (hopefully) the list is complete.  The system allows me to categorize the lists, but also see in black, white, and yellow highlighter what needs to be completed first.

Pair this weekly planning method with my favorite mason jar and bento lunches and you're all set!

Whew, this ended up being a long and not gonna lie kinda dry post.  If you're still with me, thanks for reading!!  I hope I'm not the only one who gets excited at the prospect of being and staying organized.....Hubby just shakes his head and smiles.

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...