Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Whole Roasted Okra

Happy September!  While everyone is pumpkin happy (myself included, just wait until tomorrow's post) we're enjoying whole roasted okra with every meal.  I love okra in any form, especially fried and even stewed, roasting it whole is a new found love.  It's so easy and gives a little healthier, but still crunchy, spin on breaded and fried.  Give it a try -- I promise it's not slimy in the least!



Whole Roasted Okra
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound okra, whole
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/4 t pepper
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
  • Drizzle okra with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Mix until all pieces are coated.  
  • Make sure okra is in a single layer and bake for 20-30 minutes, shaking pan a few times, until slightly brown and crisp. 
Notes:
  • I've only tried this with fresh okra, as it's readily available this time of year.  (If you're in the Midwest, Fresh Thyme has it!)
  • It's so good that I have a feeling I will try frozen, but defrosed, okra this winter.....
Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I love okra. Finally found a restaurant that serves it fried gluten free!! I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...