Thursday, January 26, 2017

Stove Top Potpourri

Growing up every winter my mama would make our home smell just lovely with this stove-to potpourri.  Now, every year, I whip some up in my own little hive and think of her all day as it simmers.  It's amazing how much something so simple could make my heart smile so much.


Stove-Top Potpourri

Ingredients:
  • citrus peels, lemon, grapefruit, orange, clementine
  • vanilla, a glug or two
  • dried rosemary, crush in hand to release oils
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
Directions:
  • Add all ingredients to a pot and fill with water.  Simmer slowly on stove, uncovered.  
Notes:
  • Additional add-ins: cloves, cranberries, nutmeg.
  • Add water as needed. 
  • I'm sure you could use a sprig of fresh rosemary, we just never have any this time of year :).
  • You could put all of this in a crock pot, bring to temperature, and then remove the lid.



1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds lovely!! One of the perks of all that Christmas baking is the yummy smells. This would give me the same perk but without the calories ;) HAHA!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...