Tuesday, November 8, 2016

#Grateful [to be an American]

Although this election has left me feeling a little slimy and is the first time in the history of my voting (and believe me when I say I vote every. single. time. I can - even for the "little" ones) a little less enthused to vote, I left my polling site feeling grateful this morning.



I'm grateful for those who fought for my right to vote.  I'm grateful for those who continue to do so, protecting our freedom.  I'm grateful for those who choose to spend their day working the polls.  Finally,  I'm grateful that although I may not feel impassioned by either choice, I do have a choice.

Now, I'm not going to beg you to go out and vote...hopefully you should want to do so without any pleading.  But I do beg you to consider just how lucky we are to be Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...