Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Cowboy Dip

My mama one time pointed out to me that I tended to swoon at the sight of a cowboy hat.  I will neither confirm, nor deny that particular little bit, but this cowboy dip is definitely swoon worthy! This little-of-this, little-of-that dip can be tweaked to suit any taste.  Use your favorite bean, add jalapeno for some spice, or leave out the ingredient you might not love.  Serve it as a dip, a salad, along side fajitas, or mix it in with a burrito bowl.  It's seriously incredibly versatile.


Cowboy Dip
Ingredients:
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can corn (fire roasted adds a nice twist)
  • 1 avocado, diced (You might notice it's not in the picture -- I thought we had one...we didn't.)
  • 1/4 red onion, diced
  • handful cherry tomatoes, diced
  • juice of one lime 
  • 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
  • salt and pepper
  • cumin
Mix all ingredients together and season with salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.  Cover and chill for an hour or longer.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...