Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Five [Fall Love Edition]

Last year Hubby and I didn't have much of a fall or winter.  The days and seasons were a long blur of hours sitting by his hospital bed praying desperately.  How good God is that things are so very different this year.  Truly a miracle and not a day goes by that I'm not grateful from the very bottom of my heart.

All that to say that I'm truly excited about fall this year!  I can hardly wait for crisp mornings and evenings, gorgeous fall leaves, something yummy cooking slow and low on the stove, and snuggles on the couch.  Sounds pretty perfect.

So without further ado....here are five things I'm looking forward to this fall:

ONE
Several years ago Hubby and I  started making bucket lists for the seasons.  Such a fun little way of taking stock of all that you'd like to do.  You can find last year's printable version here.

 

TWO
Although it's a bit too early for pumpkins, our fall wreath will grace the door this weekend.


THREE
As I mentioned earlier, there's so very much for which to be thankful.  The daily act of giving thanks brings that all into focus again.

 

FOUR
As the cold weather starts to set in, so does the desire for soups and stews, a favorite in this hive.  Especially this bean soup with kale.  Yum-o!

 

FIVE
The change of season has inspired a new little series, too....Sip and Shop Sunday.  Last week featured homemade pumpkin spice lattes and fall dresses.


Wishing y'all terrific weekends!! 
Today I'm linking up with:

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to cooler temperatures. I am glad that things are normal for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you must feel quite relieved after last year! So looking forward to the cooler temps here too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...