Sausage, Quinoa, and Kale (Almost) One Pot Meal
- 1 lb sausage (I used garlic and basil chicken sausage from Fresh Thyme, which was terrific)
- 1 head kale, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce (I prefer this to jarred tomato sauce, use what you like)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/2 t oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In saucepan bring broth to boil. Add quinoa, lower heat to simmer, and cook for 10 min. Fluff with fork.
- While quinoa cooks, saute the onions in a dab of olive oil.
- Add sausage to onions and brown completely.
- Once sausage is cooked through, drain if needed. Return sausage to pan and add kale. Cook until desired softness is reached.
- Add cooked quinoa, tomato sauce, and adjust seasoning.
- Enjoy! (It really is just that easy!!)