Quick Chowder with Smoked Sausage
- 1 20 oz pkg shredded frozen potatoes
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 t. pepper (or more to taste)
- dash hot sauce
- In heavy bottomed sauce pan combine potatoes, broth and corn.
- Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Mash potatoes slightly with potato masher.
- Stir in milk, sausage, and green onions. Heat through.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.