Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday [The last of February]

It's Friday!!!  Yahoo!  Today I'm breaking the rules and going with Six on Friday.  What can I say...it's been a big week!  I can definitely say I'm ready for some R and R with the Hubby this weekend!

ONE
My boys were recognized at halftime of the basketball game in honor of our State Title.  After spending everyday with these guys for months, it was really nice to see our tennis family together again.  The athletic department announced each player, awarded the rings, and unveiled the banner which hangs in the main gym (coincidentally next to last year's banner, which is fun).  It really was a wonderful evening.  (Not to mention some great basketball, as our basketball team is also one of the top ranked in the state.)



TWO
It snowed all day Saturday.  If it's going to snow at all I much prefer it to be on a day that I can stay inside, light a fire, and curl up with a good book.  After a sweet little 3rd birthday party, I did just that, which leads me to.....


THREE
...The Girl on the Train, which was my read during said snow storm.  I had heard rave, rave reviews about it, but gave two cents about it here


FOUR
I had a big discussion with some foodie friends about kitchen essentials.  I've narrowed mine down...I am in love with my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and Chef Louis' Chef's Salt. I would really love to hear your favorite kitchen gadgets and necessities!  Always looking for new toys :).

Image for 5 1/2 qt. Round Dutch Oven from Le Creuset

FIVE
With the start of Lent, I've been thinking of meatless meal possibilities. (I stick to no meat, with the exception of fish, but don't adhere to the strict fast of no animal products, including eggs and dairy, etc.)  Quiche and frittatas fit in well and I'm planning on making one similar to this over the weekend, minus the ham of course. 

SIX
My kiddos from school competed in the local Math Bowl competition last night and WON!  It was exciting and so very wonderful to see them so proud of themselves and their academic accomplishment.  I proctored, so was sitting at another school's competition table.  It was very difficult not to interject, but just sit silently (typically not an easy task for me....ha, ha).   



'Way to go Fox hill!  They won first place! At the 19th annual Indiana academic math bowl.'

Wishing y'all a wonderful weekend! 
Be sure to pop in the parties and check out all the other Friday goodness, too!
Darci, Christina, Natasha, and April 


Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an exciting week! And look at all of that snow! It always seems bizarre to me how so many people are covered in snow right now and we are walking around in sandals in Phoenix right now. I guess that's what happens when you live in the desert!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...