Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bestie DIY Valentines

I LOVE Valentine's Day.  I understand there are those who don't feel the same way, those who feel you should tell those special to you that you love them everyday, not just on Valentine's Day.  While I agree with them wholeheartedly, Valentine's Day is, quite simply,  just another excuse to do so, only this time the sentiments are all pink and wrapped in hearts. What girly girl wouldn't like that excuse :)??  So, with that in mind, I whipped up some little valentine goodies for a few of my besties.  I'm delivering them early so they can be enjoyed all month and not get lost in the shuffle. 


First, I spied these Sharpie mugs on Pinterest.  Instead of using initials, I thought a heart would be just as easy and perfect for celebrating the day of love! 

Good and Messy DIY Sharpie Mug
via Pinterest
I prepped the mugs by swiping them with alcohol and centered the stickers on the mugs. From there, I applied little dots all around the edge of the heart alternating colors (pink and red, of course).  The mugs dried overnight and were then baked in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  (I will caution you that the colors changed slightly while baking, but everything I've read says this is the best method for making the design more permanent.)

I filled the sweet little mugs with chocolates and hot chocolate mix in a cute little Valentine goodie bag from the Target dollar bin.  (What did I ever do before the dollar bin???)  I'm tickled pink (pun intended) with how they turned out.  Now I can hardly wait to deliver them! 

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...