Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blue and White Style

Blue and white china....the perfect addition to decorating any home.  I have a true obsession.  (Well, if I'm being honest, I have a true love for all china, but more on that later.)  The other day I came across a great find with this lovely blue and white planter.  I'm trying to focus on only buying what I love, and with this it was love at first sight. 



I knew immediately I wanted to plant a jade plant in it and my luck continued as the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired was having one of their fabulous plant sales.  If you are in the area you need to check them out!  The sales take place in their greenhouse.  The plants are stunning, the prices reasonable, and all proceeds go to benefiting their horticulture program.  They have the sales a few times a year.  The next one will be just in time for spring planting, and you better believe I'll be back for the gorgeous geraniums I spied on the "student work" table. 

After choosing a lovely, branching plant I headed back to the hive and tried to find a home for the beauties.  Unfortunately, I've still not decided where it finally stay.  I've tried it by the front door (although am fairly certain it will not remain here)....
Please forgive the awful, awful lighting.
.....am enjoying it on the console table, although would style a little differently.....


.....but am thinking it will stay under the mirror with the brass candlesticks and Blue Willow pieces (which, yes, is still decorated for Valentine's Day...it's still ok since it's February, right??)


I think what this is telling me, is that I need to be on the lookout for other pieces, too.  Although if I'm honest, I always am :)!

**Side note:  I will be more permanently planting the jade in the planter, just waiting a bit as they suggested it will not be ready for an up pot until April. 

I am so very excited to be linking up with Share Your Style.  The host blogs are fabulous and I'm anxious to see what everyone shares!  Hop on over and check it out.

Happy Blue and White Love!

No Minimalist Here

4 comments:

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...