You can add just about any fillings you'd like, but I love to use Martha's recipe as a starter. This time I added sautéed mushrooms and spinach.
Ham and Swiss Quiche (with mushrooms and spinach)
adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/4-1/2 t. thyme
- 6-7 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk or cream
- 4 oz ham steak, cut into cubes (or 1 pkg ham cubes, chopped slightly)
- 1/2 c shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 5 (ish) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pie crust (I love Marie Callender's, double the filling ingredients, and just make 2! Martha, of course, makes hers from scratch....)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Saute onions, spinach, ham, and mushrooms with thyme in olive oil.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Add ham mixture and cheese to pie crust. Top with egg mixture.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until set in middle.