Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Bucket List

Summer is finally here!  At the start of each summer I think of all the things I want to do during the warm, relaxed (?) months.  Sometimes they get done, sometimes they don't.  This year I decided to make a Summer Bucket List to serve as a reminder of the things we want to do.  Time seems to slip by so quickly, and hopefully this will help us to remember to slow down and enjoy our time together.  (In fact, to further prove my point that we need a reminder....this has been on my list of things to do for a while now, and the first week of summer vacation has already slipped by.  The good news is we have crossed off a few of the items.)




Hubby and I (he will tell you mainly I) made a list of the little and large things we would like to do at some point throughout the summer.  Only a few are ambitious, and most just serve as a reminder to savor the season. I printed cards in fun fonts with our bucket list items, and pinned them to the office bulletin board. 

Once completed the cards will go into our summery bucket attached to the bottom of the board.  (I do realize the bucket in no way matches the board, but it was a gift from a kiddo at school filled with summer fun items.  I think of him each time I place another card in the bucket!)


Our items include: Ansel Adams Exhibition...Frozen Party (on the hottest day of summer!)....50th Anniversary Celebration Weekend for the tennis program....Make popsicles...Stargaze on Hammock....Backyard Camp Out....Huddles....Make S'mores....Banana Splits....Sunday Country Drive...Picnic on the Boat....Marathon Gin Rummy Game....Homemade Salsa....Host a BBQ....Fireworks on the River....Rootbeer Floats....Feed the Ducks....IMA Movie Night....Symphony on the Prairie....Farmers' Market.....ZOOOOOOO (Finally!!!).....Make Sun Tea.....Fishing.....Food Truck Festival....Plant a Garden....Can Garden Veggies....Drive-In Movie...Homegrown Jalapeno Popper Dip....Paint Your Own Pottery....Host Sunday Brunch....

What items are on your Summer Bucket List?

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...