Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's for Dinner? [Three Envelope Roast]

I'm a big fan of the crock pot, but unfortunately Hubby is not.  Well, I should rephrase that...I'm a big fan of the convenience of the crock pot, but struggle to find recipes that are flavorful and not bland.  This recipe fits the bill perfectly.  (Although it is so extremely simple one can hardly call it a recipe.)


The other half of the success is that my dear friend D was so sweet to gift me with a new crock pot for my birthday, and I have to say it makes a big difference!!  It doesn't heat quite as much as my old one and cooks meats perfectly.  I love it!

We will have tonight's meal over mashed potatoes with green beans on the side. 


Three Envelope Roast
Adapted from: Plain Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 1 chuck roast
  • 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
  • 1 envelope au jus mix
  • 1 envelope French onion soup mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup beef broth
Place roast in slow cooker.  Mix seasoning packets with liquids and pour over roast.  Cook on low 6-8 hours until easily pulls. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...