Friday, May 23, 2014

The Herb Garden

The other day I posted about our vegetable garden , but I neglected to mention our herb garden.  We keep in it a bed on the side of the house.  They seem to love and thrive in the rocky soil there.  Typically most return each year, although after the extreme and never ending winter we had this year, I've had to replace more than usual.


Our "kitchen" garden contains oregano, sage, rosemary, cilantro, basil, parsley, chives, and thyme.  We enjoy the fresh herbs all summer long.  I do my best to preserve some for winter.  (More on that later.)


Our chives
 (I know they shouldn't flower,
but I just can't help but think they're pretty!)

Across from the herb bed we keep our mint and bee balm.  We keep both in a place where they can spread to their hearts' desire, and we use both to make tea.

The smells along this little path are incredible.

We caught this guy sunbathing in the front yard.  He certainly is adorable, but I do hope he stays in the front and out of the back gardens.....


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...