Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What's for Dinner [Arugula Salad with Strawberries, Blue Cheese, and Balsamic Vinaigrette]

I was lucky enough to have dinner with Bestie KB one night last week at Napolese, a local restaurant which specializes in gourmet pizzas.  Not only was it wonderful to catch up with a dear friend, the food was delicious, including the arugula salad we shared before our pizzas arrived.  It showcased arugula, strawberries, crumbled blue cheese, and pistachios with a balsamic vinaigrette.  In fact, it was so good I decided to make my own version with dinner tonight.


I have always been a huge fan of mixing my own dressings.  I typically make a big jar over the weekend and use it all week.  Emeril's Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe is hands-down one of my very favorites and pairs well with everything, especially this combination!  I simply mixed up the vinaigrette and tossed with the arugula, sliced strawberries, and blue cheese. (I didn't have pistachios on hand.) Couldn't have been easier....or tastier!  We had it along side grilled salmon and corn on the cob -- the perfect meal for the warmer weather.  Enjoy!




Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
Source: Emeril Lagasse

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, optional*
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup olive oil

  • Directions:
    Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the optional sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly.
    (Or place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.)

    If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...