Saturday, May 17, 2014

DIY Chalkboard Menu


I've been contemplating a chalkboard menu for quite some time now, but never could quite pull the trigger.  I just wasn't convinced that it would look how I pictured in my mind, and I couldn't find the supplies that I thought were "just right".  Usually the desire for one goes in spurts depending on my schedule.  The busier I am, the more I want one. 

The other day, by chance, while looking for something else entirely, I came upon this display at Target.  Chalkboard Heaven. Stickers, tags, and decals of all different shapes and sizes, and a couple different chalkboards.



It was on sale.  I had a gift card.  Tennis season is quickly approaching.  I didn't even hesitate....Sold!

I picked up a scalloped cut chalkboard and a rub-on "Menu" chalkboard embellishment.  I knew I had ribbon in my stash at home that could serve as a hanger.



This was a very simple project.  The "menu" decal was rub-on, and went on easily.  Using a hot glue gun I attached the burlap ribbon to the back.  I decided to attach two different lengths of ribbon so that I would be easily be able to adjust the hanging length and tie a bow.


Then, simple as that, I hung it on the side of our pantry shelves. 


While I was at it, I snagged some round chalkboard labels that would be perfect for the pantry.  Hopefully now I won't mix up the flour and powdered sugar like I did in a rush preparing for a cookie exchange last Christmas.  I'm just thankful I realized before I showed up with the ultra sweet cookies!! For now, the new additions make me smile each time I see them!



Happy Chalkboard Organizing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...