Saturday, May 31, 2014

Smoked Salmon Spread

The tennis program is officially underway starting on Monday.  We had some last minute planning and organizing to do, so I hosted the meeting yesterday evening.  Let's face it: snacks and yummies (and maybe even an adult beverage....) help to make a Friday evening meeting better.

I kept it simple, serving things which could be made ahead of time.  This smoked salmon spread fits the bill perfectly, as it only gets tastier with time to let the flavors meld.


Smoked Salmon Spread:
(This has been in my recipe box for years, scrawled on a recipe card, with no source.)

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz can salmon
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 2 T grated onion
  • 1 T horseradish
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 1 t. liquid smoke
  • 1/4 t. salt
Directions:
Drain salmon, remove skin and bones.  Combine all ingredients until mixed well.  (I use my KitchenAid.)  I spoon the mixture into an antique fish mold, but it can also be formed into a ball.  Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.  Serve with crackers.


I paired it with some sliced veggies and southwest ranch dip.  The recipe is very complicated....wait for it.....Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix :).  Everything was made the night before, all I had to do was arrange on the platters, which, of course, included my tennis racquet chip and dip. 

Happy Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...