Monday, November 9, 2015

What's for Dinner [Italian Spaghetti Squash Casserole]

Spaghetti squash and I have a tenuous relationship.  I've had it several times and loved it, but had yet to accomplish such a meal at home.  The squash has been crunchy or burnt and on more than one occasion has actually exploded.  When I brought another one home from the grocery last week Hubby groaned and may have commented something about ordering a pizza.  But, y'all I finally did it.
This dish was delicious, and although it took forever to cook the squash, there was very little other work involved.  In the future I'll prep everything on the weekend and have it ready to bake during the week.


Italian Spaghetti Squash Casserole

Ingredients:
Directions:
  • Pierce squash several times (I did this with my large chef's knife.....No messing around this time -- see aforementioned explosions....)
  • Place squash in baking dish and bake at 350 for 1 - 1/2 hours.  Split in half and test.  I baked mine, face up, for an additional half and hour, for a total of 2 hours.
  • Meanwhile, remove sausage from casings, brown, and crumble.
  • Once squash is finished, pull with a fork and place in bottom of baking dish. (I used a square pan.)
  • Mix in sauce (amount to taste) and sausage.
  • Top with cheese sprinkled with Italian seasoning.
  • Bake at 350 until cheese is browned and casserole is bubbly.
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...