Greek Roasted Pork
- 1 5 lb pork shoulder
- 2 lemons, one for roast, one for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 t salt
- 2 t pepper
- several cloves garlic, unpeeled, if desired
- Mix oregano, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- Place roast in roasting pan on rack, and place garlic under roast.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon over roast.
- Pour oil over roast and garlic.
- Rub spices over entire roast.
- Bake in 350 oven for 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 150. Remove from oven and allow to rest before slicing.
- Can add chicken broth and lemon juice to pan while baking.
- Serve with additional lemon, if desired.
Happy Greek Cooking!